SHA Disability Consultancy Ltd.
SHA provides independent disability assessments to social care, health care and housing agencies on an outsourced partnership basis.
Established in 1995, SHA is experienced at county and metropolitan level, and has a reputation for quality, cost effective provision and innovation. We help organise your workflow by providing a dedicated team of occupational therapists and /or physiotherapists tailored to meet your specific needs.
An SHA partnership supports:
- Blue Badge, Freedom Pass, Taxi Card and Disabled Parking Bay eligibility assessments
- Bespoke project work with health and social care agencies
- Moving and Handling
- Double Handed Care Review – reduction to single handed care via joint working with care agency staff
- Multiagency integrative working required for people with complex health needs where care is funded via Continuing Health Care funding
- Special Educational Needs transport assessments
- Major and minor adaptations including DFG recommendations
- Specialist equipment provision e.g. seating, showering
- Standard equipment provision
- OT waiting list clearance, ongoing monthly allocations
- Eligibility for Patient Transport Services
“SHA Disability were commissioned to undertake a review of Cambridgeshire County Council’s Community Occupational Therapy service, which is outsourced to a community NHS trust under a Section 75 Agreement. The review was undertaken between November 2022 and February 2023. SHA were chosen above other more generic consultancies as we wanted to be sure that we commissioned an organisation with a clear understanding of the delivery of OT services. SHA undertook an excellent piece of work, working to our detailed brief and provided us with a comprehensive report containing valuable insights and recommendations for service development. Despite the complexity of the brief, SHA kept to deadlines and liaised closely with all stakeholders at relevant points throughout the project. I would not hesitate to recommend SHA for similar projects in the future.”
Diana Mackay, Commissioning Manager, Cambridgeshire County Council (June 2023)
“I would like to thank you and your team for the tremendous effort that you have put in to assist this Service in undertaking the most comprehensive freedom pass renewal exercise ever undertaken which has resulted in a reduction of nearly 1000 previous holders having been moved off the Disabled Persons Freedom Pass scheme. Whilst the initial charges for the additional assessments undertaken will impact on our budget this year, the reduction in numbers of Disabled Freedom Pass holders should result in a saving to this Authority in the longer term”
Terry Collins, London Borough of Tower Hamlets
‘The family would like to express our personal thanks to Domenica Russo who arranged the installation of a hoist for my bedridden mother. She went above and beyond to ensure the whole process went smoothly and we are very grateful’.
‘I wanted to say thank you for your companies’ services and sending Maria Sanders. I’m so appreciative for Maria’s observations, experience, and advice. This followed by positive actions she has put in place have been invaluable. It’s difficult to explain how much easier life is for all of us down to this equipment and how much safer mum and her carers now are. I wish you all well, and once again thank you for everything’.
‘Just a quick email to say a huge thank you for your very professional, efficient, and dedicated assistance. The level of service that you have provided exceeded my expectations. You were very supportive, friendly and you always had time to listen and explain options. For all of this I am very grateful’.
‘Thank you for all your help it’s really appreciated by my husband and myself these adaptations are now making our lives easier, and I have my dignity back as I can now shower unaided it’s fabulous’.
The SHA Team structure
SHA personnel are professionally qualified, competent and experienced, with a proven track record of excellence in their field. All have been managerially inducted into the company, and are professionally supervised to meet our framework of high quality standards, policies and procedures, as well as client performance targets.
Working in partnership with
We provide a dedicated team of occupational therapists and physiotherapists tailored to your specific needs and offer a range of partnership options:
- Spot purchase – A one off project which addresses a fixed number of allocations. Sometimes issued on a price checked basis, rather than full tender.
- Block Contract – A contract specifying a fixed number of allocations monthly over a longer term.
- Service Level Agreement – A contract which describes a service to be delivered by the contractor with projected allocations, which may vary from month to month.
- Screen waiting list backlogs
- Deliver professional reports to given deadlines ensuring key performance indicators are met
- Complete follow up work, for example equipment trials and/or joint visits with surveyors to progress specifications for home adaptations
- Monitor progress by weekly database updates
- Review performance to assure continuous quality improvements
- Invoice and reconcile payment discrepancies promptly
- Hold and manage budgets on your behalf providing monthly financial status reports
Working With SHA
Becoming an Associate
SHA is committed to equal opportunities. Employment will be determined only by personal merit and in all cases the ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
SHA holds annual away day team events where all staff are invited to attend. There is at least one CPD certificated training session on each away day. These events are free of charge to SHA staff.