Becoming an Associate
SHA is committed to equal opportunities. Employment will be determined only by personal merit and in all cases the ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
SHA holds annual away day team events where all staff are invited to attend. There is at least one CPD certificated training session on each away day. These events are free of charge to SHA staff. Here are some photo’s of our latest away day, where Caretech UK Ltd provided the CPD training session.
What you need to consider
Skills, knowledge and experience
Capacity alongside other commitments
Willing to work hard
Able to give a minimum commitment
Able to travel and stay overnight
Clarified conflict of interest issues
Registered as self-employed with HMRC (Sole trader / Limited company)
A unique tax reference number (from HMRC)
Insurance cover (Professional indemnity & Public liability)
Personal responsibility for CPD
A business bank account and an accountant
What is expected of you
- Professionalism in your general conduct and report writing
- Remain familiar with, and adhere to, the company’s quality standards, guidance policies and procedures in the SHA Associate Information Pack on our intranet
- Maintain an effective dialogue with your SHA supervisor. Answer any enquiries and discuss any fieldwork queries/report dilemmas promptly
What you can expect from SHA
- Regular and flexible work arrangements
- A supportive, open and friendly business culture
- Prompt response to your queries and fieldwork dilemmas
- Prompt payment
- Competitive earnings potential
- High and well regarded professional standards
- Opportunities for professional development
SHA will also provide
- Induction, supervision and performance appraisal
- SHA email, intranet and Information Exchange Seminars
- Clear invoicing and payment guidelines
- Client specific IT skills training
- CPD events
How do I apply?
In the first instance please email your CV with 2 references (these will not be taken up without permission) plus scanned copies of your HCPC and DBS certificates to email@example.com
“SHA is a very supportive, friendly and approachable team from the Director to my mentor and other colleagues. The company encourages me to get involved in different aspects of work for them.”
Domenica Russo (5 years with SHA)
“SHA gives me a flexible work life balance alongside great earning capabilities.”
Maureen Gallocker (20 years with SHA)
We are actively looking to recruit OT’s and Mobility Assessors (Senior Occupational Therapists or Physiotherapists) in the London Boroughs and the Home Counties.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and your availability.